• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing ebooks between people with ADE

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are interested buying ebooks (reference guise) using ADE v2.0. The editor site mentions that those book are for a single user. But we need to shares those books for around 12 people. It is possible with ADE v2.0, if not what is your suggestion ? thanks regard!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each bought/borrowed book is associated with an AbobeID. 

You can use an AdobeID on up to 6 devices ... that includes any computers running ADE needed for getting the books onto the devices.

So it is technically fairly easy for up to 5 devices to share, though sharing that way may be against the strict ts&cs of a book.

So you'd probably need 3 copies of the book.

Also, if the devices are used by their readers for their own private books as well that makes it even more complex.

Each device can only be associated with one ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply sjpt !

Is there no enterprise version of ADE for my need of sharing document ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure there isn't.  The restriction is more on the book than on the software used to read it.

The publishers expect to get paid for each person who is going to install and read the book.

There have been quite a few queries from librarians who have similar (not identical) issues,

and I haven't seen an answer suggesting any useful alternatives.

You could try asking Adobe directly, but I'm not too hopeful of a good answer for you.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines