• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer installation problem

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Win 7 64 and Firefox.  Don't have latest Flashplayer.  When I try to install latest version Flashplayer, exe screen opens but is totally black.  Can't complete installation.

Anyone able to help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't work as I can't find an offline installer.

I've downloaded  - install_flashplayer11x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe.

I've run as normal, and also as administrator.

In both cases, the Adobe Flashplayer Installer screen opens, but the contents are black.

Using my mouse, I can see the Instal 'toggle' as my mouse goes from arrow to hand.  But, I can't select the "I have read and agreed to terms' as there is no toggle change.

So..... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you should see is this, then click on the checkbox next to "I have read and agree...".

fpi118.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was currently trying and failing to download. I clicked on your link and it worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post is helpful inasfar as I can download Flashplayer, but...

The problem I am having is that Firefox wants the latest version to show vids embedded in websites.

I learned from elsewhere on this forum (FLASHPLAYER PROBLEM) that the latest version of Flashplayer has problems with Firefox.  And, though some say I need the latest version of RealPlayer to work, that hasn't worked for me.

It seems either Firefox needs to upgrade, or Adobe needs to work with Firefox to resolve.

But, it seems more like Adobe as now I'm finding the most recent Skype install won't work as it's linked to the latest Flashplayer.

If you can come up with solutions, that'd be great.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RealPlayer and Flash are to ENTIRELY different animals. One uses RVM format (which is all but gone from the Internet) and the other uses SWF or FLV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and run both installers from C F McBlob's links?  Firefox uses a different add-on (plugin) than Internet Explorer (ActiveX).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Pat, I did.

I don't use IE.

Odd thing is that Flashplayer operates OK in Chrome (though Opera, like Firefox, does not).

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome uses it's own FP plugin. That's probably got a lot to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines