• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH6: User Defined Variable: How to Modify?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUESTION
Is there a way to modify the value of a user defined variable in RoboHelp 6? If yes, please describe.

ISSUE
After making changes to a RoboHelp project, I want to update the value of a user defined variable but I see no way to do this.

BACKGROUND
My PC is running Win XP SP2. I am using RoboHelp 6 to create an HTML user manual. I have several topic areas; each topic area has its own template. A common feature in each template is a version number. I inserted a user defined variable for the version number in each template. RoboHelp successfully pushed that version number to all of my topics.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007
If you double click the User Defined Variable in Project Manager, you can change the default there. I think what you want though is a different value for different builds. In the first page of the wizard when you generate there is a Variables button, you can change it there for for that build.

You could create different layouts for different builds and each will retain its own value. Craig Clarke has written an article on this which will shortly be published on Adobe's site. Hope this helps unt...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you double click the User Defined Variable in Project Manager, you can change the default there. I think what you want though is a different value for different builds. In the first page of the wizard when you generate there is a Variables button, you can change it there for for that build.

You could create different layouts for different builds and each will retain its own value. Craig Clarke has written an article on this which will shortly be published on Adobe's site. Hope this helps until then as I know Craig, who has more knowledge of this area, is currently on holiday.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, your advice is spot on. By the way, your recent article ( Getting started with RoboHelp 6) was very helpful when I installed RH6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use variables in Table of content, Glossary and Index
(both in definitions and terms). Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp