Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get Adobe Flash Player to install on my computer

Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent in a question regarding installing Adobe Flash Player on my computer.   In fact, I did it twice.  I do not understand how this discussion section works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. We're all Adobe users like you. We have jobs, families and hobbies, so it can sometimes take a while toget an answer.

FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg

And since this is the FIRST post you've made on this forum, we need a little more information:
What is your operating system?

What is your browser?
What version of Flash Player are you using?
What happens when you try to install?

Are you seeing any error messages?
Can you post a screenshot if there are errors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your answer to my first question.

I have Windows 7 and use the Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I do not have any version of Adobe Flash Player on my computer.  I recently received a message from Kaspersky Security that there was a problem with my Adobe Flash Player.  I then uninstalled the Flash Player that was on my computer.  I don't know what version that was.

Now, I am trying to download another version of Adobe Flash Player on my computer.   When I hit the install  prompt, I am unable to hit run as a pop-up message comes across the bottom of my screen which asks me if I want to open or save.   When trying either of these options, I get an error message that says the attempt has failed.

I tried to work through the help section on Adobe.com today.  I tried to go into tools and change the settings it suggested.  This also failed.

Now, I don't know where to go from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Then, perform a "clean install"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I feel I am getting closer.  However, the link you sent would not work.  Could you please resend the link.

Thanks so much.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

I do this and I get an error message "partial couldn't be downloaded".

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you using? If it's IE, download Firefox and then download the Flash Player(s) with it. IE has all kinds of "junk" in it that prevents it from working ANYTHING AT ALL like it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was Microsoft internet explorer.  I'm using Yahoo search.  Is this a browser.  I'm not very computer

literate.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Toshiba have anything to do with my problem?  I notice that as a user I am listed as Toshiba administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer is a browser. Yahoo is a website/Search engine.

Computer make should have no bearing on this. It's ALL Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for trying to help me with my flash player problem.  If you think of anything else I can try, please let me know.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can disable your antivirus and firewall, try that, and then download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work either.  Received the same error messages as before.

I'm sure I have Microsoft internet explorer for my browser.  I was reading something about 32 bit and 64 bit.  Mine said 32 bit.  I don't know if that matters.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something is blocking or interrupting your connection.

32 bit or 64 makes no difference. The download is 32 bit and runs in 64 as a 32 bit plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines