Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging two projects in RH 10

Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently started using RH 10 (was on 7 for a long time).  I had a request that users wanted to combine two robohelp files into one.  (We have a Front Counter Manual and a Systems Manual.  They would like to combine them into one project).

Is there an easy way to do this without messing each of these projects up?

Thank you,

Christie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

From what you have described, it would seem you are asking how to Combine projects. Certainly that may have some benefits from the authoring side, but if your users simply want to see a unified Table of Contents as if it were one large project, you might want to check out Peter Grainge's site at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whilst my instructions are lengthy, that is to give a full explanation of all the ins and outs. In your case the work will be little more than creating a parent and setting up your two existing projects as children.

It's a lot easier than trying to have one source project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp