• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop the Adobe Flash Player Update Service message plague?

Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message continues to pop up on my computer no matter what I do; "Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.6 r602 has stopped working". Countless times I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's August now and I too am hving this problem. Had it in June as you did and still have it.  So far, the only solution seems to be make sure you have the newest version and delete the old and install the new. Unfortunately, the system has n error and wont let me uninstall, just like others have said. 

So the upshot is that the only suggestions out there don't work and this thrice blanked message keeps on popping up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can turn off updates in your Global settings. Access through your control panel, or by right clicking ANY flash content on the web and choosing "Global Settings".

Under the Advanced tab, select "Never check for updates". This will disable the updater and it CAN'T stop working if it never starts.

The downside is you're on your own from there to keep your Flash Player up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines