• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I find topics with tracked changes on them?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to generate a help output, RH keeps showing a message box: "Your project contains tracked changes. Do you want to continue?"

How can I find what topics have the tracked changes? I don't see it as one of the reports and the track changes toolbar doesn't have anything either.

I'm using the latest RH 9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Tech Doc Girl, thanks for that tip. In RoboHelp 9 (RH9), you access the review pane via Review > Show Review Pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a Find and Replace Tool such as Text Crawler and search on ?rh-track_start which preceeds all tracked changes. That will give you a list.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH10, but the Review pane lists all track changes and comments. To view, View > Toolbars > Review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tech Doc Girl, thanks for that tip. In RoboHelp 9 (RH9), you access the review pane via Review > Show Review Pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses everyone. I use RH 9 and had forgotten that pane even existed. We don't use that functionality much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated text in RH 9 project and accepted the track changes. However, track changes are still available in word and web outputs.

Please suggest a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2014 May 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the solutions mentioned above? If they don't work for you, let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RH I have accepted all texts that were in track change, and review pane displays no comments and change records. When I generate web and word output, newly added text files are displayed in track change.

I am not able figure out that if there is no track change text in RH, then how I am getting track change in the output files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK but more specifically did you follow the advice Peter Grainge gave above. It will make sure there are no hidden track changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp