Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Steps to migrate Cold Fusion Application from 6.1 to 10.0 Version

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i have a very old Cold Fusion applications running on 6.1 version, wich are on Windows 2003 Server.

Database is MS Access database Only.

Now i need upgrade the Windows server to 2008 and also migrate cold fusion application to new version of cold fusion server. Probably 9.0 or higher version.

Does Cold Fusion server 6.1 works on windows 2008 server ?

Can some one please tell me the steps to be considered for migration. Will there be any challanges.

I am new to Cold Fusion and dont have any idea on this. My job is only to migrate and make it working. please suggest.

Thanks,

Raghav

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raghav,

ColdFusion 6.1 is not supported with Windows 2008 server. Though you can migrate your current application from CF 6 to CF 10 and CF 10 is compatible with Windows server 2008 and 2012.

You can run the Code Analyzer which can give you all the possible tags which was deprecated and will give you the options which you replacement for those tags.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

I have one more question pl , What would be the best version for windows 2008 ?

Also could you please tell me the migration steps from one server to server. How to copy the admin stuff like roles , responsibilities , database settings.

What is code analyzer tool. Please share few more points on this.

Thanks,

Raghav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can create a CAR package using ColdFusion admin. This option is available under Server Settings>Archives and Deployment  which you can further deploy in ColdFusion 10.

As it is not certified to use CF 6 in Windows 2008, you cannot install it. But it won't stop you to install it however it is not recommended.

ColdFusion 10 is certified and tested with Windows 2008 and Windows 2012. So you can go for CF 10.

To know more about the Code Analyzer please check this link.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Developing/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec0d04c-7fee.htm...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Priyank,

Thanks for your information.

please refer any good link / material for study.

The link you referred is no longer working, can you please resend the new ones.

Thanks,

Raghav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation