• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to assign a map id to a portion of topic content rather than the entire topic?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp 10 to create help content and would like to be able to map a portion of a topic's content or a sub-topic rather than an entire topic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this to the RoboHelp HTML forum as I am not seeing any link with the Multiscreen HTML5 output where you posted your question.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One possibility would be to create an individual topic that contains only the bits you want to see. Then you could link to that.

Where it would fit in the context of the larger topic, you could insert an Inline Frame to pull it in and present it as if it were part of the larger topic.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Yes, I thought about creating individual topics that include only the text to be seen and this might be the way I need to go.  I already have a lot of content that has been created so I was looking to see if there was a way to mark sections of content rather than have to do a lot of reorganization.

I'll have to play around with the Inline Frame suggestion a bit.  Thanks for the quick feedback.

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply a map id to a bookmark in the topic?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response.

I was able to create a bookmark and assign a map id to it so I'm hoping this will work.  The problem I've been having though is that I cannot get the CSH tool to work for me.  Always shows topic 1 no matter which map id I select from the drop down. I spoke with an Adobe support engineer and even sent my project for testing.  He cannot reproduce the problem I'm having.  So I think the bookmark option will work but haven't been able to run any preliminary tests via the tool.

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp