• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save Saver attached to Adobe Flash Player 11 or Adober Photoshop Elements 9 download

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In July 2013, I downloaded Adober Flash Player 11 after an upgrade of my Windows OS and Explorer software.  I have used Adobe Pro since 2009 and was using prior versions of Flash Player prior to my OS upgrade.  The download of Adobe Flash Player 11 carryed with it an application called "Save Safer", which is an nasty adware application that screwed up my browers applications.  How did "Save Safer" attach to the Adobe software download?  Was that an attachment Adobe made?  How can I avoid that issue in the future?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you download the flash player 11 from? Flash Player should not be bundled with any browser toolbars.  Depending on where you download the flash player, you can get a flash player that's bundled with McAfee's Security Scan Plus but that can be opted out of before you download the actual file.

Looks like this:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-4315988-182004/mcafee.png

I would suggest uninstalling the flash player you have completely by following the Clean uninstall instructions and also delete the browser toolbar through window's uninstall program.

Once you've uninstalled, visit this page with your browser to get the latest Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines