• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

filter cfquery by word length & given list values

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cfquery,that cfquery call up a column with text, that text i need to filter on word length and also need a filter to fitler some words like : and, or etc out. I tried and tried and searched, but i'm stuck... Can anyone give me a direction ?

Thanks

Best regards,

Marco van den Oever
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can filter out and, or, etc. by using the REReplaceNoCase( ) function. I'm not sure what you mean "filter on word length." Could you give an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi thx for your answer, the replace and rereplace you use after executing the cfquery, i want to filter within the query itselve, directly from the database and nt first pull everything and then filter.

The word length i mean word length the length of a word, so i wat to filter out al words that are smaller then 6 characters for example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are storing one word per record and your db has a length function, it becomes something like

where length(thefield) >= 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
hi thx again, but it's more then one word :)

So i'll give a more clear vision:

I have a text in one column,i need to filter true that whole text to not select words that are bigger then 6 characters, that's one

Then i need to filter on specific words like: (and, or,this) i know about the find and replace functions, but how do i give filter criteria in one list, so filter with find and replace function all the given words in a list, i dont want a whole page of find and replace rules...

Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation