Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing content on page without refreshing

Mar 06, 2007 Mar 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I need to find out how to have content on my web page to change without the web page refreshing. Basically, I want to have a section on my web page that will have news articles and i want to have two tabs one for "recent" news and another for "popular" news and when the user clicks on one of the tabs the correct articles will display in that section, however I want to do this without the page refreshing, does anyone know how I may accomplish this? Just to clarify a bit more, I know how to distinguish the "recent" to "popular" atricles just need to know how to pull them from database without a page refresh, Thanks!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Take a look at CSS. It has a visibility attribute that can take the values hidden and visible. That, combined with the CSS position attribute and onClick should get you where you want to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at CSS. It has a visibility attribute that can take the values hidden and visible. That, combined with the CSS position attribute and onClick should get you where you want to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's correct, you could use layers and the show/hide layer function that dreamweaver provides: tag inspector - behaviours tab - plus sign

also you could use cfajax wich combines javascript cfm etc in a way (i'm not an expert yet on this) that you can request data without using the page refresh

But the most simple way is indeed to use the show/hide layer function, see attached code example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for all the help, i looked it up and found a way to do it with css and javascript which is cool. only thing is right on page load it shows the complete list of links for like a second then it properly hides it, but its fine with me, working good! Thanks again everyone for the help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2007 Mar 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
ps - a cheap alternative might be to use an IFRAME possibly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation