• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeating pop-up for Adobe flash

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2013 Aug 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since approx 2 weeks, everytime when I start Explorer 10 (windows 7), a pop-up appears asking me if I want to install Adobe flash. This pop-up directs to a file named swflash.cab.

I already installed Adobe flash (version 11.8) on my computer and whatever my respons is to that pop-up (Yes, no) the pop-up appears again and again when I start explorer.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that pop-up?

Thanks, Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say yes to the update, does it actually finish the installation to completion?  What exact version of flash player do you have when you go here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have version 11.8.800.94 installed.

When I agree that the changes can be made to my system, the installation completes to 100% after which I click the “done” button.

The only thing that is different (as far as I can remember) is that after previous updates a screen appeared showing a little movie and message that version xxxx was successfully installed. That does not happen now.

Regards, Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of such a pop-up?  There have been many reports of fake update notifications recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can’t because when the pop-up appears, I can’t do anything else but clicking the “Yes” or “No” button on the pop-up.

If I click the “show details” link on the pop-up, I can inspect the certificate of the publisher. It is Adobe Systems.

So I guess this is not a fake update.

Regards, Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

activex.vch

Flash32_11_8_800_94.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashPlayerUpdateService

FlashUtil32_11_8_800_94_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil32_11_8_800_94_ActiveX

mms.cfg

and a directory FlashPlayerTrust

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a bit weird; you have all required files for the Internet Explorer add-on.

Does Flash Player actually work; can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines