• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message is: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Anyone know what's up with this?

Thanks,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks.
  • What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
    • The latest version from Creative Cloud. I can't see what version it is, because it won't open.
  • Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

• Yes
  • What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
    • Windows 7
  • What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
    • Can't get to the source footage. The program won't open.
  • If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
    • Adobe Premier Pro CC has stopped working  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.
  • What were you doing when the problem occurred?
    • Opening the program.
  • Has this ever worked before?
    • No. Same thing every time.
  • What other software are you running?
    • Some other CC applications have the same problem, but InDesign and Photoshop are working fine. I also use Microsoft Office and a lot of other stuff.
  • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
    • Unknown
  • Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
    • Not sure about third party software. It's an Intel Core i7-3740QM CPU at 2.70 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64-bit Operating Systme, Windows 7 Ultimate, plenty of hard drive space.
  • Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
    • No
  • Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
    • Can't get that far. Can't open the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Ultimate - Service Pack 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, you led me to the answer, but I'm not sure which answer did it. Here's what I did and it worked.

1. I made a shortcut to the program on my desktop, opened the properties and changed the compatibility to run program as administrator. That did not work, but

2. While it was still in that mode, I looked at the graphics cards in Device Manager. It has two. First I updated the Nvidea, but it said I had the latest. Then I updated the other, and it downloaded and installed an update, and required me to restart my computer.

3. When I restarted, Premiere Pro opened, and asked me if I wanted to let PP make changes to my computer. I said yes, and it continued to open.

4. Then I went back into the compatibility tab and unclicked "run program as administrator." Now PP opens and does not ask me each time if I want to let it make changes.

So, I don't really know which fix actually worked, but I would suggest first updating all video drivers and letting the computer restart.

Thanks for the help,

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read the links I posted in #5 you know that dual, switchable graphics is NOT a good idea for Premiere Pro

If you have troubles again, the 3rd link "Use BIOS" should help you set the nVidia as the "only" graphics... uses more power, but works with PPro

To update your nVidia, you need to go directly to the nVidia website... Windows update is not always accurate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a Windows problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have this same issue with my brand new windows 10 laptop and I can't get my light room 6 to work....help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines