• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking options for Word documents

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5DFA0634-079B-4265-89D7-2A59540BAB2D.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a new user to RoboHelp10 and, based on research I've done online, I think the best use of the product for me is to link to previously-created word documents in order to create my online help project, since they are set up in a way that will translate into the topics. I am trying to create a project and to link documents instead of importing them, since I think from a maintenance perspective, this will be better long-term. I am also considering my company's my company's version control processes already in place. I chose to "Create a Copy and Link" so all the linked files are contained within the project itself, and I generated the topic for the document I'm working with right now. I then updated the Word document (via RoboHelp) and based on the help topic in "help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS5DFA0634-079B-4265-89D7-2A59540BAB2D.html#community" I thought that updating the Word document would automatically update the topic(s) linked to it, as long as I updated the copy of the document that RoboHelp created (and I actually did this by right-clicking on the doucment and chosing edit). I saved and closed the Word document, and when I didn't see the topic updated, I right-clicked on the linked document but could not select Update (it's grayed out). If I choose Force Update I am then able to see my updates from the document to the topic. I don't understand why RoboHelp isn't recognizing the changes I make to the documents that are linked via "Create a Copy and Link". Can someone tell me what step I'm missing? And, even better, if you can understand my intntions above, and can recommend a better way to set up my project, that would be even better. Thank you, and have a great day!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’d recommend checking out Peter Grainge’s site – grainge.org for linking advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I was wondering how your coming along with this linking business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp