• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library Lending Problems

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I borrow ebooks from the library, I have set my lending period to 21 days, yet when I open the book in my adobe digital editions it says 2 weeks and on my nook I will "loose" the book in 2 weeks. Why the difference in lending times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the Digital Editions Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have they actually expired, or just say they are going to.

ADE2.0 stupidly decides to quote expiry in weeks, and rounds it down.

So 1 minute after you have borrowed, and have 2 weeks, 6 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes left, it says 2 weeks.

I think it will actually last the correct time.

If you ask the Nook it will probably tell you the loan expiry correctly.

Also, if you ask for detailed info on the book (ctrl-I), ADE probably tells you correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out an ebook on July 29,2013 and today - 11 days later  I can no longer read the book on my nook. It says lending period has expired. That doesn't even give me 2 weeks and I ask for 21 days. Also on my library account it still says the book expires on August 19th. Which would give me the 21 days I originally asked for.

Message was edited by: roses43

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the date on your computer and the date on the Nook have been correctly set up?

Can you still read the book on the computer using ADE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting! Never thought of that one, and yes I can still read my book on ADE on my computer and the date still says 1 week left. So I will check my Nook and see what I can find. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I had my Nook off-line because the battery drains too fast and I didn't need it online most of the time, so my time/date and zones were not set right. I redid it all last night and within an hour I had my book back that had been marked as expired. Just wondering now if I go offline again, will I loose my time/date again. Guess I'll have to try and see what happens. Thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines