Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ROBOHELP: Set Tabs in WYSIWYG

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2006 Apr 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
How do I set Tabulators in the Robohelp WYSIWYG?
I often Import from Word-Files. The Tabulators are never imported with it.

Thanx in advance for your kind help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Am I right in thinking you are referring to RH HTML? If so there is no concept of tags in HTML,

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter -

You meant 'tabs', right? Actually, tabs will show up in html if you wrap it with the <pre> or the <xmp> tag. And, you can format the style of those tags, so they don't show up as courier all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger

As far as I can see if you go into true code and use the <pre> tag and enter your text there such as
<pre>mmmm...... mmmm...... mmmm</pre>
using the tabs which do work in the true code editor, then RH will not override that in the editor and the spacing will show as entered in the true code view. However, the question was how is this done in Robohelp WYSIWYG.

If you enter the above html in true code and then switch to WYSIWYG, the tab key no longer works.

If I have read about the pre tag correctly, it just leaves the spacing if finds alone. In this instance I suspect that spacing gets lost on import so even if you put pre tags around the text, it would be too late.

Dreamweaver appears to work the same way so it's not a RH thing.

UPDATE: In the example above I put in loads of spaces to emulate tab spacing but quess what happened! Please interpret the full stops as a tab space.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, good point about the wysiwyg, Peter - darn. the truth can be so limiting.

but, switching to TrueCode should be a practical option for all good soldiers. It's so easy to do, and so much fun.

anyway, copying and pasting the tabbed text inside those tags is the only way I know of to use Tabs in Html.

It looks cool, too:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2007 Mar 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Tried the <XMP> example above and everthing worked perfectly. However when I tried to do a link to the appropriate paragraph the source code was displayed on the WYSIWIG.
My original line was:
<p style="text-transform: lowercase;">1.3 SCOPE</p>
I then changed it to:

<XMP>
<p style="text-transform: lowercase;">1.3SCOPE</p>
</XMP>

And there the problem occured.
My list of contents has about 30 items all linked to bookmarks on that page

Could you tell me what I've messed up?
Thanks
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2007 Mar 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Al -

That's how the <pre> and <xmp> tags are supposed to work: they reflect exactly what you put between them. You can format it, however, by defining the style of those tags: insert the "style="text-transform: lowercase;"" into the <pre> and <xmp> tags themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ahh that would explain it!
That's solved the problem. All I've got to sort out now is why the "lowercase" still leaves the text as upper cast - then we're home and dry!
Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp