• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pay to submit

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been studying the web apps feature for a while now.

I can't determin whether or not its possible to reverse the payment system.

I'm trying to setup a system where a user has to pay a micro-transaction in order to post a bid.

Is there any way to do this in the BC system?

Cheers,

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, users can pay to submit web app items.  What you'd want to do is create two web apps-- one web app for the item that they are bidding on and another web app called "bids".  You'll have to use web app's data source functionality to tie a bid to a for-sale item in your other web app.

You can read more about associating web app items to another web app item via the data source feature here: http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/building-web-apps-part-1.html

The tricky part will be to build a web form for when the user wants to submit/pay for a bid that automatically chooses the right web app item in the data source select box. You'll probably have to hack that datasource field on the customer web app submit form to accept a url parameter like "webAppID" by using the {module_url,webAppID} module and when you have the buttom on your for-sale item to submit a bid, you'll need to link to your customer submit form and pass the URL parameter of the current web app item: http://yoursite.com/your-bid-form?webAppID={tag_itemid}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines