• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 for Firefox supported on Windows 8?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system requirements page is vague, but the following link suggests that it is not supported at all on Windows 8 except for IE.  Can anyone help?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for IE is embedded in Windows 8. It updates through Windows Update.

Flash Player for Firefox (and other browsers)... is NOT embedded. You can download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking the following link.

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Close Firefox, and then run the installer, and you'll be "good to go".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I know that it will install successfully, but I am trying to find out if Adobe officially supports the configuration, since there is conflicting documentation. As a security measure, I want to be sure it is supported by the vendor before installing it on Windows 8 and Server 2012 computers in the network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

If you're goingto be deploying it on a network you'll need to see: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html  to avoid any legal issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. So basically we can not trust the information for the Windows 8 on this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html? Because the first row in the table, for Windows 8, it only mentions 'Internet Explorer', but not other browsers such as Fire Fox.

Or is there a more updated link for the similar information? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd go with the tech specs myself, since I have FP 11.8 for Firefox on two Win 8 machines and both installed and run with no errors, so I know it works whether the "find your version" page lists it or not. If this is a corporate environment you're deploying to, are the systems "locked down" so that IE is the only browser available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply again, it has nothing to do with the systems "locked down", as I had mentioned before, "As a security measure, I want to be sure it is supported by the vendor before installing it on Windows 8 and Server 2012 computers in the network."

I can take your words, i.e, Adobe does offically support Flash Player 11.8 for Firefox on Windows 8 platforms.

Would you have the right team to update this information on the "find your version" page "http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html", therefore, it will not confuse more users out there?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will notify Chris Campbell from the Flash Player team to look into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys rock!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only asked because the few times I've been on a corporate network we were expressly forbidden from installing another browser, and the systems were "locked down" so to speak so that we couldn't install one. I just figured if that was the case here, then the Firefox Flash Player compatibility would be a moot point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C F McBlob is correct.  Windows 8 is officially supported and the Tech Specs page is accurate.  I'll work with our documentation team to update the Find Version page and clear this up.  Thank you for the heads up!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, everyone, for helping us get this one answered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Chris,

I have questions again, according to this link: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html, Server 2012 is supported, but I think it is for browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome. For Internet Explorer 10, Flash Player is also intergrated with IE 10 in Server 2012, is that correct?

If so, please work with the documentation team to update this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html, because this link does not mention anything about Server 2012 at all.

In addition, let me point out one more link: http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb13-21.html, it states that "Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94 installed with Internet Explorer 10 will automatically be updated to the latest Internet Explorer 10 version, which will include Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.168 for Windows 8." So is this statement also applicable to Server 2012?

Please advise, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up.  Forwarded this to our documentation team for review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As for the second question, I *suspect* that Flash Player is included with 2012 but I'll double check with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines