• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distribution Licence

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've applied twice now for a distribution licence for Flash Player, AIr Runtime, Reader and Shockwave Player and have not received anything back.

This is holding up a deployment of computers.

Getting in touch with Adobe is a nightmare, this probably isn't the right forum to post in but I'm not sure else I can do.

The e-mail received to validate my e-mail address and confirm my application cannot be replied to.

I've tried calling customer services but was put on hold, I gave up after half an hour.

Please advise who I can contact to resolve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, customer service is the only place that will be able to help with your issue. We're just other users and the occasional employee, but as far as I know, there are no Adobe people from DEV or licensing who frequent these pages, and as users, we have no access to licensing or distribution systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear many complaints that the applications for distributions are held up and can take a very long time.

You will, hopefully, eventually get the distribution license granted.  But in order for you to get on with the deployment, here is the distribution download link: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I've found Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise.

I'd like to do this by the book and have a licence in place but due to Adobe's crappy customer service I've no choice but to deploy the software anyway.

This forum is listed as the best way to contact Adobe on their Contact Us page: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

This is the sort of service I'd expect from a small FOSS project, not a big software company like Adobe. I suppose it makes sense if they don't have enough people answering phones though. An e-mail form or address would be nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The summer months are the worst time to apply for a D.L. as far as timeliness is concerend because schools make a lot of personnel changes in the Summer and those include I/T people coming and going. They apply "en masse" it seems from June through August, so things get back logged. Not makin' excuses, just tellin' it like it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do schools even need a distribution licence?

What do Adobe think we're going to do with software that they offer free of charge? Start offering MSIs for download to pupils on our websites?!

No, all I want to do is install it on the computers we support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimmy Ambler wrote:

Why do schools even need a distribution licence?

What do Adobe think we're going to do with software that they offer free of charge? Start offering MSIs for download to pupils on our websites?!

No, all I want to do is install it on the computers we support.

Lawyers, lawyers and more lawyers.  ANYONE who installs it on more than (I believe) five computers MUST have a license to distribute it or there are so many liabilities that can occur.  Additionally, anyone who "offer's it" via download or even a link to Adobe's site has to have the license, so that the distributor and not Adobe, will be liable if something goes wrong (site gets hacked and a virus is substituted for a legit download).  With schools and businesses (call centers for example) the licensee is the sole responsible party if every system gets screwed up by a bad deployment.

"What do you call a bus full of lawyers going over a cliff?   A good start!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Seem to be having trouble distributing adobe flash player 15 over out school intranet, I have applied for the licence for over a few hundred computers and have found no look when it initial has been approved and the download link has been sent via email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jimmy Ambler wrote:

I've found Adobe Reader at http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise

Just in case you also need the Shockwave Player: http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer/shwv_distribution3.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines