• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Not connected to the Internet" - YES I AM!

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not as angry as those capital letters would imply. This isn't a critical issue, just annoying.

None of the products in the eLearning Suite seem to be able to deal with an authenticated proxy environment. Even though I've been prompted for credentials, many of the Internet-dependent functions fail to work. Two examples:

1. Adobe Presenter 8.01 > Help ... "Not connected to the Internet. Check your internet connection and then try to access the help."
  2. Adobe Captivate 6.01 > Help ... Program seizes up for a minute or so while it desperately tries to connect, then ... nothing. No error message. No help.

Thankfully, Help > Updates... and Adobe Application Manager have no problem downloading and installing updates. No other program on this machine has any problem prompting for credentials and accessing the Internet.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:-

1. Go to the Serial Number Validation screen.
  2. Click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
  3. Click Offline Activation.
  4. Click Generate A Response Code.
  5. Write down the Request Code.
  6. Go to an online computer, and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
  7. Click Offline Activation.
  8. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  9. Enter the request code and click Generate.
  10. Writes down your Response code.
  11. Go to the offline computer.
  12. Enter the Response Code obtained from the website.
  13. Click Activate.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, strangely, your reply deals with Offline Activation rather than my problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you behind a firewall, or do you have proxy settings, setup on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for trying to help. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my first post. I am indeed suffering in a corporate authenticated proxy environment. Exceptions are not allowed. Some of the Adobe bits work just fine in this environment (e.g. Application Manager), and some don't (the installer, product help). I have successfully installed and activated the products. All other programs I use in this environment are able to prompt for credentials and access the Internet correctly. I'm guessing this is a bug and that I should probably log it somewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2012 Oct 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand you are behind a proxy. Normally when you need to activate there are some addresses you need to have access to. You did state it's working for you for most part of the activation. But please check with IT to see if they can test to see if unblocking this is helping for stability ff so: you can not use the software in your 'protected' enviorment. Best thing is to test or you will never know whats causing the issue.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Servers you need to have access to:

https://na1mbls.licenses.adobe.com

https://ims-na1.adobelogin.com

https://adobeid-na1.services.adobe.com

https://na1r.services.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The product is activated (of course, I had to do it in offline mode since the installer can't handle authenticated proxy environments), that isn't my problem. As mentioned in my first post, by issue is with certain internet-dependant functionality within the product, not activation. As also mentioned in a later post, proxy exceptions (unblocking) are not allowed.

If Adobe Application Manager and other programs are able to download updates successfully, it is obvious that the knowledge exists within Adobe to fix this bug. Since I haven't received any suggestions for a workaround, I guess I'll log the bug here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform (perhaps I should have asked this question in another forum?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do understand you don't have full internet because you are in a restricted area. But my point if you proof it does work with full access you can send a well documented bug via the wishform. If you do some work maybe Adobe will look into it. You can state there is no requirement for internet in the technical specifications on page: http://www.adobe.com/nl/products/presenter/tech-specs.html

other then:

This software will not operate without activation. Broadband Internet connection and registration are required for software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.* Phone activation is not available.

And of course you will not receive any suggestion for a work around if you did find a bug It's u bug right. But testing with no proxy will still proof you are right. I can not simulate your conditions with my proxy overhere! Good luck and fill the form of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ejwn - I'm curious if you ever found resolution on this whole issue? 

I'm in the exact same boat here with my recently-installed Presenter 9.0, and it's driving me bananas... 

Any follow-up information you may be willing to share would be much appreciated - many thanks!

Cheers, Chris

ETA:  I believe I was able to successfully activate via Offline Activation, but it's odd to me that there is no confirmation of that in the "About Presenter..." window (why doesn't it say "Registered version" or display the Serial # as confirmation?  Seems strange to me...). 

Like ejwn's original post, I simply have no access (from within the Presneter Help dropdown menu) to "Help" or "Updates", nor can I even "Sign In" from that menu - attempts to do any of those things generates a "Not connected to internet" response, and that is most definitely not true.  Frustrating to say the least...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I'm afraid not. A couple of months after giving up on this the company underwent an infrastructure change that removed the need for the proxy credentials prompt, and the problem went away. No help whatsoever for you, unfortunately. I know how frustrating it is when it is obviously a bug in the software (given other software can cope with it just fine).

Help now just redirects to http://helpx.adobe.com/presenter/topics.html, and Update reports my software is fully updated (which is strange since the latest update at http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=153&platform=Windows says 8.02, which Help > About in the software says 8.01 build 260 (despite me having manually updated to 8.02).

Because of these problems and iOS incompatibilities we've actually started evaluating other options - the iSpring suite of products is looking particularly promising.

Hope some of that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the update!  It's helpful to have additional confirmation that it seems to indeed be a proxy issue (versus software-only), so I will see what I can get the local IT gurus to find out.

Thanks again for your time and help!

Cheers, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as the OP. But I don´t get this:   4. Generate A Response Code

I have only the option to make a activation by phone, And it gives me a "acivation code" !!!!! And this does not work as Request Code !!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell do I get this "Generate A Response Code" Button ?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please check this video on Adobe TV which may help you in offline activation: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-suite-in-the-enterprise/activating-adobe-creative-suite-6-via-off...

Also let me know :

1) Which product (with the exact version) are you trying to activate?

2) Which OS do you have (and also if 32 or 64 Bit)?

3) Do you not have the internet on the computer or is it just not connecting while activating the product?

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) CS3

2) Win7 64bit

3) perfect internet connection

PS: i could not deactivate the product on my old computer, but it does not say "invalid" or someting like that - it says "no connex"

PS: in the film you linked, there is a "create request code" button. That is exactly what i dont have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for the information but I am not sure which product of CS3 family do you have (Is it Captivate, Presenter or any other?).

Offline activation only works for CS5, CS5.5, and CS6 products.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Please try:

1) Close all Adobe products.

2) Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and rename hosts to hosts.old

3) Then try to install and activate the product.

Thanks

Vikas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources