• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does adobe flash update by default try to install their security product?

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like adobe products. What I don't like is the continual push on installations to install other products (i.e. security) when installing something as simple as a flash update.

It becomes a bit tiring after a while to continually having to carefully survey every install/update to make sure that something I don't want is by default added to my system.

How about making everything optional that is not directly related to what I am installing or upgrading.

Eventually I will just stop using the adobe products and will find some other company that does not do this. I hope all the companies marketing departments

are listening to this. I am sure that I am only the tip of the iceburg of people who are tired of this deceptive practice and will move somewhere else where this is not done.

Gary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gary

There are "standalone" installers that don't have the "bundled junk"

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Adobe doesn't push them because they offest costs by having McAfee/Norton/Google pay them for each download that IS bundled. And complain as you (and everyone else) might, the practice ISN'T going to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines