Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashplayer for android?

Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep running across this link to download adobe flashplayer for android. Yet when I click the link I'm told this may harm my device and adobe's website says my device is not supported. So, is there flashplayer for androids?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. One more question... I have an android 4.3. How do I know which version of flash player is compatible. The archive list only has 4.0 (as opposed to 4.x) and I can't find any other numbers following my version.

I just want to watch TV on my tablet. If I can't get flash player, do you know of another way to get free TV on my android (Nexus 7)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to check in the Android forums (there's a link on the page I linked to). The way Samsung support told me, there is NOTHING made for Android after August of last year that will run Flash and that was an Android choice, sometime in May of last year; Adobe just followed it by stopping all development in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, since I have a 4.3 and the archives only mention 4.0, that means there isn't a flash player for my device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, there's no way to view any of the websites that require it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are "flash alternatives" but you'll have to scour the Android forum to find out which is best and how to install it.

Bottom line is that this was an ANDROID decision in May of last year and Adobe stopped development after that.
Android device retailers have known about this for more than a year now, yet invariably there will be at least five people a day here who just got a new tablet from some jackwagon who sold it to them either without teling them they can't use it for YouTube or Facebook games, or worse yet, lying to them and saying THEY CAN. I even saw a Galaxy tablet at Best Buy day before yesterday that said right on the box that it worked with Flash and HTML 5 video. It doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I really do appreciate you (both) taking the time to answer my questions. I guess I'll switch over to the forums and see what I can find out there.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines