• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installaton of latet version of Flash Player is forgotten

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows Explorer 7 under Windows 7.  I install the latest version of Flash Player. It works fine. After I turn off the computer and turn it on again, the computer thinks the latest version is NOT installed -- if I access a web page that needs it I am prompted agdain to install the latest version.  What is going on?  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the software NOT installed

• gone from Control Panel?
  • gone from install folder?
  • gone from Internet Explorer add-ons?
  • disabled in Internet Explorer add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To Pat Wi9llener --Thanks for your reply.

• gone from Control Panel? No, it is there. When I click on it, I get the settings managerm whose Advanced tab lists the current version.
  • gone from install folder?  Programs uninstall & change shows it as still there,
    with latest version.

• gone from Internet Explorer add-ons? Yes, completely gone. Doesn;t show up
    under any category of add=on.
  • disabled in Internet Explorer add-ons?

On my other computer, IE Add-ons show "Shockwave Flash Object" enabled, but no other explicit reference to Adobe or flash player. This computer has 11.7.700.224 version installed, but it doesn't tell me I need to install the latest version. I have no trouble accessing websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exzact same problem. Everything was working, then a few days ago sites like youtube started saying my flash was out of date. I updated flash, restarted the browser, go back to the web sites and get the same message. Flash is also now gone from my plug-in page. Ive downloaded and updated several times but all the sites still say I don't have flash installed or it's out of date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines