• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy to library alert won’t go away!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to ADE 2 and I find that when I open an epub file from Windows Explorer and close it ADE pops up this warning dialog...

ADE-alert.jpg

If I check “Don’t show this alert again” and click Copy To Library, it still comes up the next time.  Same story if I click Cancel.

How do I make this utterly unnecessary and annoying dialog go away?  I know this isn’t in the library and I don’t care!  I use ADE constantly to check formatting for books I’m working on and none of them need to be in ADE’s library.  This is going to drive me insane.  And I’m not going to move all my work into ADE’s folder just to keep it happy.

ADE 2.0.1.78765

Windows 7 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a DRM free ebook, use Calibre or something else to read it.  http://calibre-ebook.com/

ADE is a load of rubbish that is only tolerable when there is no alternative.

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2013 Aug 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As I said I use ADE to check formatting for epubs since many readers use ADE.  I couldn’t use Calibre for that, but I do use it regularly.  It’s a brilliant program.

I didn’t uninstall 1.7.2, so it’s still around and I can use it to check backwards compatibility, but I still need to use ADE 2 and it would be a whole lot less annoying without this dialogue box.

Adobe is such a shambling behemoth that I don’t expect my little complaint to change their momentum one iota, but sometimes it just helps to complain! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines