Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I sort index with command line?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OLH Developer. I'm not aware of any way to sort the index from the command line and can't see why you'd want to. If you have a binary index, it is sorted automatically and can't be sorted manually. Can you provide us with some details of what you are trying to achieve and why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2007 Mar 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project has special needs, because RoboHelp 6 cannot use variables in TOC, Index and Glossary, I have to use a workaround for my branding. This workaround needs manual sorting of the Index. This is a problem, a step that needs to be done manually. This way I cannot use scheduled builds. Is there a way to sort the ".hhk" file with other tool? or with command line? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi OLH DEVELOPER

Umm, how often are you actually making changes to your index? I ask because it's been my experience that once I sort my index, it remains sorted. I don't suppose your workaround would be doing anything that would cause the sorting to go wonky?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every time I have to generate outputs, the Index is changed.
It goes wonky, yes! RoboHelp variables are not available in the Index,. My project already uses "fake" variables to workaround that problem. Once those "fake variables" are branded with proper product names, with variable values, the Index is not sorted anymore, so it has to be resorted manually. I have to open RoboHelp once, this way my scheduled builds are not useful anymore. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp