• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with flash player installation please !!!!

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need help with my flash player installation because every time I access a movie this is the message I receive. 

This content on Xfinity TV is not available for viewing with Chrome's "Incognito" mode. To play this video using Chrome, please view this page without "Incognito" mode.

Still having problems? Try resetting your Flash player license.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Incognito mode is a Google Chrome setting when you open a new window (Cmd+Shift+N on a Mac Ctrl+Shift+N on Windows) It opens a "private" window with no cookies and no tracking. The problem with it is that when you disable cookies, your license files are not sent to the site (whetehr it's YouTube or xFinity or any other that uses license files for paid content)  and it treats you as if you're a first time visitor. Paid videos won't play wihtout the cookies sending the license file info.

This isn't a Flash Player setting. It's in Chrome. I did some research and according to Google, "Incignito" mode is off by default, and can ONLY be activate by the keyboard shortcut. There IS a way to disable it from the registry http://dev.chromium.org/administrators/policy-list-3#IncognitoModeAvailability

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines