• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File transfer to ereader

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have transferred many ebooks that I have purchased at Kobo books to my Bebook ereader successfully. Today however, i tried and failed. I received an error message saying that the files could not be transferred. Help appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possible reason ...

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

If that doesn't help, post again with more details about the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.... sadly it did not help. Re more information, the

file begins to transfer to the ereader and then I get the error message

ioerror and am told that the file cannot be transferred.

Thanks again

buboes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that the memory on the Bebook reader is full.  In that case, remove some books from it (using a file manager sush as Windows Explorer or Finder to view the reader as a mounted drive).

Also possible that the memory on the reader is corrupted somehow.  In that case you may need to do a factory reset on it (check its instructions).  Copy all the books already on it to your PC/Mac with the file manager first, unless you already have safe copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It seems that in fact, there were too many books on my reader. I do not

know what 'finder' is and a google search was unhelpful, however, I went to

the guide on my reader and followed the instructions there using My

computer.

It would have been helpful if ADE could have told me that my ereader was

full! but at least, if it happens again, I shall start with removing some

books

Thanks for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

f.y.i Finder is the Mac equivalent of Windows Explorer.  It was Windows Explorer that you got to using 'My Computer'.

It would be more helpful if ADE gave accurate and sensible error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines