• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo Arc authrisation/activation

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DE 2.0 does not "see" my Kobo Arc when connected to USB port.

I.e. Cant Authroise my Kobo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use ADE with Kobo Arc in the same way you use a dedicated eReader device. (see extracts from manual below).

Install the Bluefire app which will allow you to register and Abode ID and read Adobe DRM ebooks.

Copy books from the computer using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.

Overdrive app will allow you borrow, download and read Overdrive library books.

Some people have problems authorizing the Overdrive app, though.

aside ... Pretty much the same applies to all general tablet devices; Android and ios.

As far as I know, there is no equivalent support for Windows RT ... you just can't use it for generic Adobe DRM eBooks.

DL Reader app for Windows RT http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/dl-reader/0be254fa-1323-4bda-92fa-698fe502456c

~~~~

http://download.kobobooks.com/magento/userguides/downloads/KoboArc/koboarc_userguide_en.pdf

page 60

If you’ve bought EPUBs from other stores, or found free EPUBs on the Internet, you can import them into your Kobo Arc from your computer. You can’t import all eBooks to your Kobo Arc Library from your computer desktop; you can’t add PDF eBooks orDRM_protected  EPUBS.

page 61

The Kobo Arc doesn’t support Adobe DRM, so if you’d like to read library eBooks you’ll need to use the free Overdrive app, or another reading app supported by your library. You can get the Overdrive app and many other reading apps from Google Play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that. I finally deduced the same and now use Bluefire as you recommend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines