Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after installing latest Flash Player

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A little while ago I downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash Player 11.8.800. I have a Mac running OS X 10.6.8 and use Safari 5.0.5 as my browser.

Since installing I have been having two main problems.

The first is that I won't be able to click on certain buttons on a webpage. For some reason the buttons seem to not react to either a mouse click or the enter key. There doesn't seem to be any consistency in which buttons or when though.

The second problem is that sometimes if I go to play a video, e.g. on facebook that uses flash, it closes Safari with an error report.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide and uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times including deleting the file directories mentioned. I have checked the preferences are set correctly in Safari. One thing that I have noticed is that in one of the FAQ's it mentions that if Flash is installed correctly that there should be two files 'Flash Player.plugin' and 'flashplayer.xpt' in the 'Computer > Library > Internet Plug-ins.' directory. These files are not there before and after re-installing.

The only way I can stop the two errors mentioned is to close Safari completely and re-open, but this is of course isn't practical.

Any advice on what may be causing this and what I can do to rectify it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Max

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max,

Have you tried creating another user account (admin) and installing Flash Player under that account to see if it installs and works differently?

That's usually the best test to see if your user account needs permissions repaired. Plugins not installing where they should is a symptom of broken permissions in a user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for the advice. I did create a new account and tried installing flash under that account but the same issue happened. No internet plug-ins were in the folder. I did a 'repair disk permissions' on my main accounr but no change. Any further advice to assist with the plug-ins?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines