Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a footnote on everypage

Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to add a text that will show up at the end of each page when any page or part of topic is printed.
How can it be done ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2007 Mar 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: williamnova
I need to add a text that will show up at the end of each page when any page or part of topic is printed.
How can it be done ?

I am interested in this also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2007 Mar 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to both
Not sure if this is relevant but could you specify which flavour of RH you are using, it will make things easier for people who will try helping you on this.
Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using RoboHelp for Word X5.0.1 and the footer to print/show is only text.
Thanks for any tips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want the text printed ONLY when a user prints a topic from the compiled output? If so, this means the text will not be displayed in the topic but is added to the print output? If this is not what you mean, can you give us an example of what you are trying to achieve. Also if you can let us know your output format and we'll try and help further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The footer should be visible on screen and when printing.
For some reason the footer is ignored by RH.
It may be the kind of output I'm using (Winhelp 4). What format should I use to be enable to see and print the footers created in Word ?
And do you think that is also the output format that doesn't accept numbers in superscript format, you know like they usually use for calls to a Reference in a book ?
Thanks for taking the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi williamnova. I haven't used Winhelp for years so I'm not sure of what you need to do. If I remember correctly, winhelp does not carry forward header and footer information into the HLP file. You could just add the text you want into the bottom of each help topic so it displays. Alternatively, you may be able to experiement with setting up a macro that you can use to add the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp