Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Record Feature.

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting an error message:

"Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation"

When I try to use the Video Record Feature.  I'm using PowerPoint 2013 32 bit and Presenter 9 32 bit.

Linda Crump

UNL

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

Are you able to launch Video Creator standalone from start menu?

Is the video record button at the presenter ribbon enabled?

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the program call Video Creator and it opened but I noticed it was a 64 bit program.  Do I need to have PowerPoint 2013 in 64 bit with Presenter 9 in 64 bit?  I tried to run the Video Creator program but I got error messages so I ran the diagnostic version and sent the info to Adobe.

It appears that the video record button on the presneter ribbon is enabled but when I try it I get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linda,

I'm not sure why but when I installed the video creator on my 32 bit os and 32 bit Office version, it called itself 64 bit as well. It works without problems for me however.

Have you tried to uninstall Presenter 9 and reinstall Presenter 8? I'm curious to see if 8 will work with your drivers.

Donald Robertson, UNL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Presenter 9 x64 bit will work with Office 64 bit and Presenter 9 32 bit will work with Office 32 bit irrespective of the OS architecture. But if the OS is 32 bit, Video creator 32 bit will get installed and similarly for 64 bit.

For example. In Setup  Windows 64 bit + Office 32 bit,  Presenter 32 bit will work and Video Creator x64 will be installed. 

Are both of you facing the same issue?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One person in our office has the 64 bit version of both Office 2013 and Presenter 9 and the entire program works.  The rest of us have the 32 bit version of both Office 2013 and Presenter 9 and the video record feature does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

14AUG

Hi there

I am also having problems with Adobe Presenter 9. It refused to work with Powerpoint 2013 so we reinstalled Powerpoint 2010 (32bit) which worked after right clicking on Run as Administrator.

But then Video Record feature refuses to work and I get the same error message (as the one you showed above).

I then tried to launch Video Creator standalone from the Start menu but it gives me another error message:

"Adobe-Pr-VC.exe - Application error.

The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Hope you can help find a way to diagnose the problems and resolve this issue.

Tks

Cris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original poster has installed the 64bit version of Office 2013 and has the same problem. Any suggestions?

Donald Robertson, UNL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donald,

We may have to arrange connect meeting for this issue. We will get back ASAP with more information.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donald, Linda,

Did you have Presenter 8 in your system earlier? Did it uninstalled properly?

Did you changed the default installation folder during Presenter9 installation?

Please set POWERPNT.EXE in admin mode [right click on POWERPNT.EXE > Properties > compatiblity > run as admin ]

Do the same for  Adobe-Pr-VC.exe present at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Presenter Video Creator 9.0 x64\ for x64 machine.

After that try launching VC from Presenter.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Vikram

I have presenter 9 but it has not installed properly so have just decided to work with Captivate 7. Am presently delivering webinars so cannot afford to work on a Presenter solution but nevertheless once I am done on Friday, I will turn my laptop over to our IT department who will then proceed to follow the links you mentioned in your email.

So sorry for the delay but will revert soon after.

Many thanks for your invaluable advice

Cris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too am having the same issues as Donald and Linda,

Scenario is : Windows 8 64bit with Office 2013 32bit and Presenter 9 32bit. And get the same message of:

Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation. Try saving your work to a new file and restarting PowerPoint.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

We were able to run the Video Creator independently without issue. The error arises when one tries to start recording within Powerpoint 2013.

Donald Robertson, UNL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources