Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Looping Activation - Keeps asking for serial number

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have PS CS5.1. All of a sudden, one day, when opening photoshop it randomly asked me for my serial number. I put this in and clicked the button to move to the next step (cannot remember what the button said). The dialog box then closed and it appeared that all was well again, but then it reloaded the very same dialog box, which once again asked for my serial number. I tried it a few more times and it kept looping and asking for the serial repeatedly. I then uninstalled photoshop and rebooted computer. Once rebooted I reinstalled. All looked to be well, but then when I attempt to open photoshop it again asks me for my serial. Again I have tried several times inputting the serial, but it just keeps asking. Aparently my 'Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 Trial has expired... It never was a trial version... I have now removed and installed several times. I have attempted to download adobe update manager. This appears to be installed, but nothing seems to update. I am now at a dead end and do not know what to try or how to resolve the issue. I have searched the net and cannot find any way to fix the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

The below image shows what I keep getting looped back to, no matter what I do.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer to this:

Sign in or activation errors

And check your system. Something is simply preventing the activation from being written to disk or the licensing service connecting to Adobe like a virus scanner or other security tool/ setting.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you very much for your attempt in helping. I have read through the link you gave. Nothing is of assistance there. (it doesnt get to activation). As soon as I press the continue button (second image) (after inputting serial codes (I have CS5 upgrade from 4, so need to put 2 serials in) it just loops straight back to the licesnse agreement (first image). I cannot get no further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link Milenium gave you there is also also a button to chat with a agent under "stil having problems
"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was that something had cached that shouldn't have. The fix was renaming cache.db to cacheold.db (rather than just deleting in case it wasnt the problem) from the below location (Windows 8). C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This did the trick for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines