• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing page numbers while generating PDF from Framemaker book

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker 9 book files have the correct master page applied and page numbers appear right. However, when generating PDF, the page numbers including the footer is missing.

I created another book file, yet same issue occurs.

Also, tried generating separate PDF for each chapter, same issue occurs.

I have installed Univers font from ATM, I'm using WIndows XP. The Footer tags are in Univers font. Could that be the reason?

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2012 Apr 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you've got the Hotfix described in this thread - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4310106#4310106

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am facing the same  issue as mentioned above : "Missing page numbers while generating PDF from ...

I am using FM 11.0. Tried using the hotfix above but it isnt helping to fix the issue since FM is installed on Windows 7.

Please Advise...ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread you claim that you are getting a hard error when printing to PDF - is what you get when you save as PDF dropping page numbers as described in this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save the book as pdf, I am getting a book pdf generated. But the book has page numbers only on a few of the chapters, and the rest are missing (Though having applied the Master pages and page number variables perfectly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the numbering is visible within the FM docs, just not when you create a PDF? Is anyone else having this issue with the FM files? Are you able to share them - I'm willing to have a look if you'd like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have seen a similar problem when the page# was at the right edge of the header or footer frame, and the tab that put it there was too far to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error7103 wrote:

We have seen a similar problem when the page# was at the right edge of the header or footer frame, and the tab that put it there was too far to the right.

This is an old problem. It comes from setting tab stop positions in paragraph formats with the cursor in the text frame on the TOC reference page. Nothing wrong with this, EXCEPT when the master page text frame has been made narrower than the reference page's text frame. One way to avoid the problem or to fix it, is to set tab stops in a paragraph in the body page text frame, so the width is correct. Another way is to set the tab stops accurately by number, rather than by eye. Visually, the reference page tab stop will look correct, but the generated TOC uses the master page text frame - if it's narrower than the reference frame, this problem occurs.

I seem to remember that this might have been fixed in more recent FM releases, but I think that's a false recovered memory, because this is not a bug, just a discrepancy in measurement. There's no way to expect that the prototype paragraph format on the TOC reference page can know if a tab stop will be out-of-bounds on the generated TOC page.

HTH

Regards,

Peter

Peter Gold

KnowHow ProServices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Peter,

Thanks so much for the solution.

It works well  now!!

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines