• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upgrade to Captivate 5.5 from 4.0 and will 5.5 reading my projects from 4?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I upgrade to Captivate 5.5 from 4.0 and will 5.5 reading my projects from 4?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Captivate 4 was based on Action Script 2 and Captivate 5 onwards versions are Action Script 3 based, it is always recommened to open a project in the next higher version, if you are upgrading your project.

However, there is an option in Captivate 5.5 to open .cp files, when we click on File > Open.

You can make a back up of your Original Captivate 4 project and then Launch Captivate 5.5 and click on file> open > borwse that project and then open it.

P.S.: Please make a back up of your original Captivate 4 project and then open another copy in Captivate 5.5, as a project once opened in Captivate 5.5 and saved, cannot be opened in Captivate 4 again.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Varun, in CP4 one had the choice between AS2 and AS3, it was not only AS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your response. I was unable to purchase an upgrade

to 5.5 and settled for a 4 upgrade to 6 which is currently on order. Do you

know whether the same option to read my 4 projects in 6 will also apply,

and are there any other issues related to the migration of my projects,

particularly those bearing on AS2 vs AS3?

Thanks again,

Bert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bert,

Yes, If you have Captivate 6, then it can also open .cp files created in Captivate 4, the procedure is same.

Earlier versions use RTF to render text while Adobe Captivate 5 or Later use ATE , each of which has a different scaling for font sizes. Therefore, the font sizes may vary when projects are upgraded to Adobe Captivate 5 or later.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources