• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash internal update server, latest version not available

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2012 Jun 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the 'Background updates from an internal server' section of the Flash 11.3 Deployment Guide, I have setup an internal Flash update server which sucessfully updates previous versions of 11.2 to 11.2.202.235 but refuses to take the brave step to 11.3. The guide tells me to copy files from these locations -

https://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/xml/version.xml

http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/install/install_all_win_ax_s...

http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/install/install_all_win_pl_s...

http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/install/install_all_win_64_a...

http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/install/install_all_win_64_p...

After looking at the version.xml file it seems that version of the ActiveX Flash is 11.2.202.235 whereas if I download the normal way I get the latest 11.3.300.257 which kind of makes the whole internal server auto update thing a little pointless! Feel free to correct me if I have gone wrong somewhere up there but I have a feeling Adobe is being a little slack!

Cheers

Kev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe PLEASE reply to any of the posts regarding the 11.3 update using an 'Internal Update Server'. I can find a number of posts in various forums about this and no one from from Adobe has responded.

It has been at least a couple of weeks since 11.3 was released and the 'version.xml' and associated files have yet to be updated.

What is the point of having an 'Internal Update Server' if it never distributes updates, or updates that are weeks/months old?

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to wait for a few days; Adobe is closed for the week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still waiting for an answer or even just a quick acknowledgement on this. The repository is still out of date. Is it really too much to ask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kev,

I'm forwarding this to our installer folks that are responsible for this area.  I'll let you know what they have to say.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Chris, I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you give this a try again today?  We've updated to 11.3.300.265 and I'm hoping that our xml will be in sync.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like its updated!

Many thanks Chris, I really appreciate your help!

With newer updates, will Adobe's servers auto update or is it something we are going to have to request everytime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player 11.4 is out since Tuesday 6 PM but about 1 and a half days later today at 5 AM the schedule downloaded a version.xml file that is saying  <ActiveX major="11" minor="3" buildMajor="300" buildMinor="271" />

Can someone from Adobe tell if there is any reason for making available the latest version at fpdownload2.macromedia.com later than at get.adobe.com?

And if there is a reason for this, what time difference should be expected between the official release date and the time when it becomes available at fpdownload2.macromedia.com?

Thanks,

Zsolt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zsolt,

Please download the latest version of the Flash Player administration guide: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

The section about pushing Flash Player updates to internal networks has been overhauled and should give you the info that you need.

-Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen,

After completing the license form, I've received the new common URL from where I could download the new version.

I can verify the new version (cab file) is available for scheduled downloading and it can be used for an internal update solution.

Hopefully this URL won't change when the next version arrives...

Thanks,

Zsolt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now the version.xml file is pointing to the below but the latest release is 11.8.800.94

<version>

<ActiveX major="11" minor="7" buildMajor="700" buildMinor="224"/>

<Plugin major="11" minor="7" buildMajor="700" buildMinor="224"/>

<MacPlugin major="11" minor="7" buildMajor="700" buildMinor="225"/>

<SAUConfig checkFrequency="1"/>

</version>

Why adobe is not keeping up-to-date with the latest version ?? Is there any other server or method to get the latest version ??

Reference:

https://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/xml/version.xml

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/update/current/sau/11/xml/version.xml

Thanks,

ThenralMani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines