• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2.0 will not import --

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2.0 will not import mov, wmv, avi, mp4 or avchd files.  What format does it want?  OR does this have something to do with my Win 7 machine not having the right codecs?  If so, which ones are the right ones and how do I install them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude....,.

So you will want to convert to DV avi, or DV Quicktime(.mov).  The only HD that it can handle is HDV, which is an mpeg2 based codec, so you might experiment with that if you are using AVCHD or H.264 originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the MOV, do you have Apple's QuickTime Player installed.

Also, perhaps a MOD can move this post to the PrPro CS 4 and Earlier Forum.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 will only import mov and wmv from your list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to the CS4 and Earlier forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I posted this to the wrong forum originally.  I hadn't seen there was a Premiere Pro 4. and earlier yet.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I am thinking there is something wrong with the PP2.0 that I have or else the codecs are not correct.  I bought a book on PP2.0 and it came with a disc with sample clips to use.  Even these clips will not work.  I can get them into PP2.0, but then they will not play.  I can put still images in and they work fine.

I got PP2.0 for free from Adobe that time they were giving it away.  I am wondering if it was not complete.  I am also curious what Adobe Media Encoder is.  Do I need that to run these clips?  If I can't figure this out I will have to stick with Windows Movie Maker.  Drat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got PP2.0 for free from Adobe that time they were giving it away.

Adobe was not giving it away.

It was for those whom already owned PP2 with a serialnumber

To replace the old PP2 that could not be activated anymore.

PP2 is supposed to run on a XP machine.

If you cannot afford Premiere Pro consider Premiere ELEMENTS.    

It can import nearly everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I guess I screwed up.  I thought since Adobe put the link to PP2.0 with a serial number it was available for download but they wouldn't be supporting it anymore.  I also didn't know it was not compatible with W7.  I think that must be my problem since I have W7.  Oh, well.  If I had known earlier I wouldn't have bought two books and a 11-hour tutorial from lynda.com.  Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>not compatible with W7

Right click the program icon and select XP compatibility from the pop-up option list

Also right click the program icon and select "Run as Administrator" to see if that helps

If you have W7 Pro... read ONE example of using Virtual XP http://forums.adobe.com/thread/702693

-And http://windowssecrets.com/newsletter/using-windows-7s-xp-mode-step-by-step/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.  That helped a lot. I told it to run with me as admin and now I am getting quite a few movie clips to play.  Not all of them, but most of them, including QuickTime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 changed a LOT about security and permissions, and the 'run as' step fixes some problems

Make the change permanent http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 for the program icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running Premiere Pro 2 in a Windows 7 x64 machine without problems.

If you want to import .mp4 files into your project, just rename their extension from .mp4 to .mov. Works like a charm.

Don't believe those telling you to try running the program in XP mode, to downgrade to XP or -worst tip ever- to try it in an XP virtual machine. Premiere won't ever run properly under that set up, hardware acceleration won't work and, in the best case, the overhead in terms of running, completely unnecesary, an operating system and an entire emulated machine under another operating system, would be an incredible performance killer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines