• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do we get a load of rubbish software when we perform a Flash Update?

Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HKHash wrote:

Business 101: Adobe offsets the cost of developing, updating and distributing freeware with sponsored downloads for which they are paid on a per click basis. There are offline installers which DON'T contained the bundled software, and links to them are posted in threads in this and other forums DOZENS of time daily. You are free and welcome to use those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know is that after I inocently updated my Adobe Flash I gained three programs (I did not ask for or want) - one was backup, another offered to make my PC run faster and the last was mysearchdial Search which managed to update my default web page. (What right have you got to allow this?). To remove these programs took me 20+ minutes as each required me to reboot. I've lost my trust in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HKHash wrote:

All I know is that after I inocently updated my Adobe Flash I gained three programs (I did not ask for or want) - one was backup, another offered to make my PC run faster and the last was mysearchdial Search which managed to update my default web page. (What right have you got to allow this?). To remove these programs took me 20+ minutes as each required me to reboot. I've lost my trust in Adobe

Those DID NOT come from an Adobe update.

Note: the ONLY software that is bundled with Adobe "freeware" is:

McAfee Security Scan

Norton Security Scan

Google Chrome and Toolbar

Lightroom (trial - Mac ONLY)

Whatever you downloaded and installed was from a third party site and more than likely WAS NOT a legitimate download of Flash Player, if it was Flash Player at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From where did you download that "update"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Next time it happens - and I'm sure it will, I'll take lots of 'Snagits' for you to examine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines