• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Unable to proceed with installation

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past month or so I've been trying to update the Flash Player. I get to a certain point (about 90% through the installation) and I get an message: "Error: Unable to proceed with installation"

It opens the Flash support page in the browser and tells me my installion has failed. I've tried all of the suggestions, including doing a "clean install" by deleteing files in the Libray, as well as downloading and running the Flash player Uninstall app. So currently I have NO version of the Flash player installed and still get the erroe message.

Mac OSX 10.8.4

Mac Mini 2.26 Intel Core Duo - 8GB RAM

Browser: Firefox 22.0

Flash Player V 11.7.700.225 was trying to update to 11.8 -

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Dave

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 2.22.41 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Are you running any kind of antivirus? or firewall?

Have you tried installing under another user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running any kind of antivirus? or firewall?

Have you tried installing under another user account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No antivirus or firewall. I just have one user account - but that's a good thought. When I get some extra time I'll set up a temporary user account and test from there ... thanks! I'll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob,

Your suggestion of trying the install under another user account worked. Why, I don't know ...

I only have one user account on my mac, so I logged in as a "Guest". Then opened each browser (Firefox & Safari) and installed the flash player for each. Once you log out as a Guest it says all you files and browser history will be deleted, but the install of the Flash Player stayed - for some reason.

best regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2013 Oct 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac HD/Applications/Utilities>Disk Utility

Repair permissions on your HD. That should prevent further occurrences of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2013 Oct 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah - I'm pretty anal about checking/repairing disk permissions. I think something else was stuck in it's craw but it's working now. Thanks again for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines