• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to prevent Robohelp WebHelp from appending characters to the end of the URL address for a TOC Entry?

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running RoboHelp 10 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit OS.

WebHelp is appending characters to the end of the TOC entry's URL address. The characters "bc-n" where n is a number are being generated for all of the TOC Page Entries when I generate WebHelp output. We are exporting the HTML files for import into an application. The TOC Page Properties Link to: property does not contain the characters in RoboHelp.

We have standardized names defined for our application and the appended characters are not going to work in the application.

When I use the generated html output in IE10 Version 10.0.9200.16635 Update Versions: 10.0.7 (KB2846071) the characters show up in the URL when I hover the mouse over the TOC entry as shown in the screenshot below.

The two screenshots show that the Link to property does not have the characters "bc-7" but the URL address does.

Is there a setting or way to configure RoboHelp to prevent Robohelp WebHelp from generating and appending characters to the end of the URL address for TOC Entries?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to use the camera icon in the Web interface to stick screenshots in your post - they get stripped out otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image shows the Link To property of the TOC Page, Name is MainPageBidItems.

TOCPageProperties.png

The image below shows the URL Address ending in MainPageBidItemsbc-7 at the bottom of the window

URLAddress.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never known Rh add any characters so I think something else is at play here. Please open one of the sample projects and see what happens there. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@NealRob1026 - FYI your project location is really long - best practices dictate a structure like c:\projects\[name_of_project]\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp