Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro , Terminal Server Use

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A fellow employee requires Adobe Acrobat Pro to be installed for their use, and my management would like me to have this sorted out. The employee uses a thin client to connect to a terminal server for all of their administration work.

I only require a single license for Adobe Acrobat Pro to be used with a single user.

Will there be any license issues with installing Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Terminal Server?

Can I install Adobe Acrobat Pro on a Terminal Server?

Thanks,

David

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Yes, you can install Acrobat Terminal Servers... !

the licensing for terminal server is considered as the normal licensing process, which means they need to buy that many number of licenses for Acrobat for which the number of users will be accessing the terminal server (like citrix) to access the software. For eg if 10 users are accessing the citrix server at particular time to use the Acrobat software then they need 10 licenses for the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mandeep,

Thank you for the information. Just to clarify, do you mean that licenses have to be purchased for every user that CAN access the server but not necessarily be using Acrobat, or simply the number of users that WILL access the server specifically for Acrobat?

For example, we have a Microsoft Terminal Server that 5 users will be using for Microsoft Office, but only 2 users will need it for Adobe Acrobat Pro. So in this case, will we only need to purchase 2 licenses?

Thank you,

Jlee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read his statement to say that if you need Acrobat for one user you need only get one license. In his example:

For eg if 10 users are accessing the citrix server at particular time to use the Acrobat software then they need 10 licenses for the same.

10 Acrobat users require 10 Acrobat licenses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you for that clarification! So if Acrobat is installed on a Microsoft Terminal Server that has 5 concurrent users accessing it, but only 2 concurrent users "to use the Acrobat software" (quoted from Mandeep), only 2 licenses would be necessary as only 2 of the users are intending to use Adobe Acrobat at the same time.

I realize Mandeep was specifically addressing Citrix, but am assuming the same rules apply to MS Terminal Services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm honestly not sure about your interpretation...

For Citrix enviroment it's clear (also here: 12   Citrix Deployments — Enterprise Administration Guide in 12.2.1) but for Windows Terminal Services (13   Windows Terminal Services — Enterprise Administration Guide) it's not well clarified...

Your question was clear: 5 users but only 2 using Acrobat Pro...

I think no answer clear was provided (and this worries me...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but you answer was not clear, in Terminal Server with 5 user connecting but only 2 user using Acrobat Pro, how many licenses should the end user buy?

Here (13   Windows Terminal Services — Enterprise Administration Guide) it's not clarified as it is for Citrix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link from the ETK on Windows Terminal Services:  http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/wts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines