• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 6 Books

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2007 Jan 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not there are any third-party books on the new version of RH pending.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blimey X6 has only been available for a week! Maybe someone somewhere is planning, and perhaps even writing, a book but it is early days I'd suggest. The trouble is that the market for writing such a book is quite small making it not so profitable. Look at the durge of books on RHX5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2007 Mar 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RoboHelp 6 HTML book is now available. Visit http://www.iconlogic.com/RoboHelp6HTML.htm for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IconLogic,

I forwarded this link to a client today. They have a couple of queries.

The book cost $39
But shipping to the UK is $63.52
Total UK price $102.52

Is that really correct?
If so, do you plan to sell the book on amazon for non US customers and if so have you any idea of the pricing.

Many thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2007 Mar 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could I ask if you will be putting some sample pages on your site? Personally I like to see some idea of layout and style of writing before I buy a book. It's also nice to know a little about the author.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

I'll be posting a sample Friday (March 15).

You can see samples from my other books (including my RoboHelp X5 book) at http://www.iconlogic.com/samples.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the sample. Can I make one other suggestion? In case Amazon change their link, add the ISBN here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 16, 2007 Mar 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks very much indeed.
Please let us know when you get the sample on the site! Obviously it would be nice to know a bit about you and your book before purchasing.

Well done and thanks again
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, the ISBN is 1932733140. And anyone can order the book directly from my Web site: http://www.iconlogic.com/help.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the sample is online... http://www.iconlogic.com/samples.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

thanks for keeping us up to date. Please can you let us know when(if) this and your Captivate 2 book become available on the Amazon UK site?.

Just noticed that you have four other books for sale on amazon, but not the Robohelp 6 and Captivate 2 books that's all. The shipping obviously adds a big premium from your site and amazon usa.

thanks
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2007 Mar 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Kevin, but I am an Adobe Certified Instructor, so I'd like to share my opinion of Kevin and his books.

Kevin has been a certified instructor since the eHelp/Blue Sky days. He has been writing his Skills and Drills books for years. eHelp/Macromedia/Adobe has used them for their official curriculum more than once.

I was just talking with another instructor and we agreed that we were both happy to be using Kevin's Captivate 2 books for our Captivate classes. I just ordered his RH 6 book, and I'm expecting it any day now.

I have found all of Kevin's books to be well written. They are easy for beginners to use, yet intermediate students will still find them helpful too.

Just my 2 cents.

-Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll post here, but I suppose this question pertains to RH7: does anyone know if there's any RH7 books out there? If not, are there any in the works? 😉 Just wondering!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJG10101. Other than what has been mentioned in this thread, I'm not aware of any traditional books you might find in the bookstore. One unfortunate thing about Adobe adopting the name "RoboHelp 7" for this version is that when someone Googles it, they come up with RoboHelp 7 for Dummies which was published in 1999 and is actually the "old" RoboHelp 7, not *Adobe* RoboHelp 7.

Software changes so fast these days, it takes a lot of courage for an author (and the publisher) to commit to a full length book. Another reason is that so many online resources like this forum and the Adobe Developer Center are filling the gap that the old "big computer books" at Barnes and Noble use to serve.
Thanx,
john
John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good insight, John, thanks for your response. I wondered about that "RoboHelp 7 for Dummies," it seemed a touch confusing. And you're right, the market for books can be tricky. It must be quite hard for publishers to make money. Just think if someone committed to writing an RH 6 book; such a title wouldn't be relevant for long. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp