• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Related Topics buttons dont display in v6

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having upgraded from v4 to v6, I have come across an issue with teh related topics buttons - they don't display in anything other than WISIWYG view!

My existing buttons (from my project created in v4) will not display in either preview mode or in the compiled help .chm file -irrespective of whether I use the original project or import the topics into a completely new project.

Similarly, they dont display if you create them from scratch either in an existing project, or in a new topic in an existing project or in a new topic in a new project!

If anyone has any suggestions/resolutions for this I would be very grateful - as I use them in every topic!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 09, 2007 Mar 09, 2007
Thank you for your kind involvement in trying to help with this problem!

It turns out that the problem is because I am running the project from a server rather than from my C drive! (although I am a little baffled as to why for the past 6 years this has never been a problem) Nevertheless, I have a solution so will not cry over it.

Thanks again - and thanks to Peter who set me straight

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherri_k. Can you tell us exactly how you are adding your buttons are added (e.g. as text, image, script) and whether the button appears as a blank box and still works or just doesn't appear at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are inserted via the:

Insert - Related Topics

Menu item, using the Button option

They do not display at all - there isn't even a blank line present where it would normally be! It is as if it doesn't exist at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just learned the project is on a server! Enough said?

Hopefully when Sherria has moved the project, it will work OK.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the truecode is there anything where the related topic button should be? Also does the button use text or an image? If the later, is the image added successfully to the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind involvement in trying to help with this problem!

It turns out that the problem is because I am running the project from a server rather than from my C drive! (although I am a little baffled as to why for the past 6 years this has never been a problem) Nevertheless, I have a solution so will not cry over it.

Thanks again - and thanks to Peter who set me straight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Sherri_K. These forums often have posts from people suffering problems when they run RH over a network. RH projects use an Access dB which are well known not to run well over networks. It is possible (as you have found out) to run a RH project on a network perfectly OK for ages but just be aware that if you do you are also likely eventually for something to jump up and bite you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp