• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't work out how to finish installing Elements 11 and to launch it.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought Photoshop Elements 11 and have tried to install it using the number on the back of the card.  During the installation process, I was given a 24 digit number but have not been asked for it at any stage since.  I ticked the box that said it would automatically launch, but it hasn't done so.  I'm at a loss to know what to do next.  I took it back to the Curry's PC World where I bought it to ask for help but they told me they would charge me 20 pounds!  So much for customer support!  I only bought it there, and not online, as I assumed they would help me if I got stuck. 

What do I do to get this thing up and running, please??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Hi Deirdre222,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Elements 11\run the Photoshop Element 11.exe.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deirdre222,

During the install process were you given any prompt to enter the 24 digit key. If not then kindly launch Editor on your machine and it should prompt to enter your serial key.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I bought it yesterday, I have the serial number but where do I put it to install Photoshop Elements 11? never had these tedious issues with a nice simple disc to download. you mentioned Editor..where is that found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  Thanks for your reply but I was definitely not given a prompt for the 24 digit key.  Could you please tell me how to launch Editor, as you suggest, and I will try this.  Is it on the Adobe.com website, as I find this site extremely confusing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deirdre222,

Please look for premiere elements icon in the start menu and click to open it. Select video editor and try launching it.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.  I'm running Windows 8 which is not like the other systems.  I've looked for the premiere elements icon but can't see anything like that on my start page.  I really wish I'd never bought this program now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deirdre222,

Please navigate to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Elements 11\run the Photoshop Element 11.exe.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have finally worked it out.  Thank you for your assistance.

Deirdre

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines