• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW CAN I TALK TO SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW CAN I TALK TO SOMEBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can phone Adobe and pay for support for Reader if that's what you really want to do. Why don't you want to get free help here in the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How do I phone Adobe?

I can't find their number.

2. Why should I pay to fix something you have caused?

How about Adobe paying me for the time and cost that has been expended trying to connect MY reader to My computer?

Sony advise that this problem is an Adobe problem.

How can we fix it?

Your online forum is for nerds.

I am 74 years old.

Can you help, or do you just want to get smart about it?

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Way to go! Insult the only people who might have helped you. But don't have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply should be sent to the CEO of Adobe.

I did not insult you.

I am venting my frustration at a system that is not looking after a client.

If you do not wish to deal with this matter, please pass it to someone who will.

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forward a phone number of a person who can fix this problem.

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you did. Me personally. I spend a lot of time helping people in these forums, something which I do by choice. I don't work for Adobe at all. And apparently, I'm a nerd, and so are all other folk who might have helped. Well, good luck with getting help now.

Understand this: this is a forum where people chat. It's nobody's job to help you here. You might be used to getting customer service from people whose job it is to put up with anger and insults. That's not my job, it isn't anyone's job. Of course someone might already have forwarded you a phone number but since you have declined the chance to tell us what your problem is and what product is having the problem, it's hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not mean to upset anyone. Seeking assistance on the adobe site I am led to this"forum" or a series of questions that do not approach the problem I have.

In desperation and frustration, I am asking anyone - can I talk to somebody?

Who do I call?

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apology accepted with thanks. Now, we have no idea whether you can talk to somebody because you still haven't told us what the problem is, and above all with WHICH PRODUCT. We are asking this because its relevant. Some things have telephone support and some don't. Some have free support and some paid support. Numbers vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I had stated the problem - sorry.

I have a Sony Reader which has to be authorised by adobe digital editions to be able to hook up to the computer.

It worked for years on my old computer, but on changing to a new computer, it tells me that the reader cannot be authorised as it already is authorised.

I was then told to de-authorise it from the old computer, but even removing the digital editions program and re-setting the reader will not let me authorise it.

A very helpful manager of Sony level 2 support spent over an hour on the phone trying various ways to authorise the reader to the computer before asking me to contact adobe support.

I can't find adobe support.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I can certainly see why anyone might feel that, given that they have a Sony Reader and Adobe Digital Editions, that they need help with Adobe Reader. In fact that's quite different, and it's Adobe Digital Editions that you need help with. There is an Adobe Digital Editions forum here: http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions but I'm having look to see whether there's a contact point for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this page is what you need. http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/digital-editions-requests-authorization-launch.html

It has technical info which might help. If it doesn't, read on to get to Still need help...Chat now.

That isn't a phone call but it's a live connection to a real person at Adobe, hopefully whose job it is to sort out authorization problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Sorry for venting my displeasures on you.

I thought you were adobe support.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 (800) 833-6687 (Consumer)

Long wait, complex menu to get to help, and $39.99 minimum BEFORE they'll help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Please let me know if you find anything.

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be very lucky to get any useful support from Adobe on this.

You should be able to use multiple computers on the same eReader, but the system is quite confusing so it is easy to make a mistake.

Just checking a few details, and then a few comments that might help (can't be sure without the details).

1. Were you running ADE (Adobe Digital Editions) on the old computer? 
    (I assume you were.)

2. Did you have ADE on the old computer registered with an Abobe ID?
    (Again, I assume so, but checking.)

3. Have you got Digital Editions on the new computer registered with the same AdobeID you used on the old computer? 
    (You should continue to use the old Adobe ID with a new computer.  If not, we'll give instructions to help sort it out.
    If you did use the old ID, the Sony should just have worked without any re-registration of the Sony.)

4. Have you installed Sony Reader on the new computer?
    (You need to install that in order to get a driver for the Sony installed.  If you don't, most Sonys won't show up at all in ADE, so I guess you must have.)

5. Are you using it for Overdrive library books? 
    (The latest versions of ADE (2.0 or 2.0.1) have problems with library books in conjuction with Sony eReaders.  See alternative below).

6. Which Sony eReader is it?
    (They mostly seem to behave in a fairly similar way.  My wife and I both have PRS-350.)

If you can respond to those, I am sure we can get things sorted on the forum.

~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0.  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your response.

I am tied up today, but will try all items mentioned that I haven't tried before, as soon as I can get to it, and I will let you know if it works.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines