• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player conflict with vista/safari/incredimail

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest flash player 11.8.800.94 on my windows vista system. After several attempts (first kept saying there was an older version working) it gave message succesfully installed. player didnt' work. in test gave message no plugin. Did several uninstalls/reinstalls,with or without chrome. no succes . Now Incredimail isn't working no more (keeps asking for installing player in IE), no more video's watchable in safari etc...

desperate for help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install both ActiveX (Internet Explorer) and Plugin (Safari)?

If you have problems with IE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the install directly from the adobe download site. Every time (now,after first using the uninstalling program) it says succesfully installed. Every time then I go to the test site (both safari/IE), no movie, so no flash player (working). no “Shockwave Flash Object” In the list of Add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check under 'All add-ons' on Internet Explorer?

I don't know how to enable the plugin on Safari, but there must be a similar method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, plugins are "activated" in safari, no result. In IE there's no adobe in the list. (I have Reader10x, Flash Player and Shockwave in my programs). Only Google Chrome is working fine (cause of build in flash player)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash ?  A screenshot is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your reply is empty.

If you attempted to send a screenshot via email attachment, that does not work.  You must post a screenshot in the forum editor, using the camera icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All required files are present, so I do not understand why Shockwave Flash does not show under 'All add-ons'.

The only potential solution I have is to try a clean install: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bin there done that, no result

could it be that there's a conflict using both safari and IE, incredimail is asking to install flash in IE at startup since problems started? Or might it be a firewall problem. I'm running AVG (already tried an install when temporarily shut down AVG) and spybot (don't know how to shut off).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines