• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word conversion settings

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS29179DF3-9719-4b66-9712-E77A1FBAEF1F.html

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everything I could think of to solve my problem. I have MS Word 2013 and I cannot import a Word file without an error. The error states that I should install Word 2000 or a later version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to our IT Support and according to them RoboHelp is not compatible with a 64 bits machine. Is this true?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

I can confirm that RoboHelp works just fine on 64 bit windows. My last two machines were 64 bit.

Hopefully my good buddy Peter Grainge will pop in to confirm or deny this, but I think the issue is that the current version of RoboHelp was released before Office 2013 was. So RoboHelp likely doesn't understand how to work with Word 2013.

Yes, the dialog is a bit oddly worded, as 2013 is certainly a "later version" of Word.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not 64 bit machines but Word 2013.  Rh10 was released before Word 2013 and that is not compatible.

As far as generating printed documentation is concerned there is a workaround. See Item 7 at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh10/using_rh10.htm

So far no one has found any similar solution for importing so you will need Word 2010 installed as well. You can have both subject to having licences. This is already covered in another thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the following: saving an existing document as an older (97-2003) version document as well as using a document created before upgrading to 2013.  Both attempts were unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not the version the document has been saved at that is the issue. You have to have a compatible version of Word on your machine. You can have other versions as well but you must have a compatible version. This applies to 32 and 64 bit machines.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp