Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snap to Fit Does Not Work

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate version 3.0.1 Build 587.

I am new to Captivate. When I record (in full motion) and select "Snap to Fit," the main window (e.g., Microsoft Word) stays in the capture area, but when dialogs pop up from Word they sometimes are partly outside the capture area, and I have to move them into the area. How can I make it so that all things that come up are snapped into the capture area? Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2008 Jun 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Dr. Pruiett

The Snap to Fit option is only for initially snapping either:

1. The application inside the Captivate recording area - If recording using Custom Size setting
2. The Captivate recording area around the application - If recording using Application setting

You seem to be wanting what is offered by another option. Click Edit > Preferences... > Recording node > Settings node and note the setting labeled: Move new windows inside recording area. My guess is that you will find this is alread enabled, which will probably beg the question of why isn't Captivate making this happen?

Well, as you have seen, the option doesn't work with all windows. Perhaps the developer of the application is calling the window in such a manner as Captivate doesn't see.

You may wish to report this as a possible bug to be addressed. You do this using the Wish Form

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources