• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe on My mac

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a mac pro, with MAC OS X 10.5.8. Everything with youtube was fine, but one time i had to delete all of my cookies. With that went my adobe flash player. My first question is, do cookies use flash player? So, I then tried to download the latest flash player, as yutube instructed me, but it said my software didn't meet the requirments, (which i understood). So, I went to the archived versions, as required, and downloaded one of them, I am not sure which but it was one of the latest ones. I downloaded it, and when i tried to install it it wouldn't let me. So, i dragged all of my flash players (I believe i downloaded ultiple archived versions) to the trash and emptied it. I then learned that 10.1.102.64 works for m software. everything went well but then as it was insalling it got to 95% then "failed". So, i did the "show package content thing" and used the resources and install help. When i chose the macintosh thing, it said my system had a later version on my macintosh. So, i dragged all of the flash players to the trash and emptied them, and redonwloaded 10.1.102.64 and the same thing happened. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing, but do you now if ejecting/putting in trash then emptying trash unistalls software? And I appreciate your effort but that did not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: uninstalling software - "pre Tiger" (OS 10.1 - 10.4) dragging an app to the trash and emptying it was the way to go. "Cocoa" apps (for the most part)  conatined the enitre "ball of wax" so simply deleting them was good enough. As 10.4 developed, and with the emergence of "universal binaries" (OS 10.5  till  now) there are more and more "supporting files" throughout the HD.

There are apps like AppDelete and AppZapper (I prefer Zapper - hence then link) which remove associated files along with the app.

Flash Player is a plugin, and although it will utilize cookies (it will pick up a YouTube video where you left off last time in most cases), clearing your browser cache and deleting cookies cannot and will not remove the pluign. Cookies are stored in the Profile folder of the Firefox folder in YOUR Librar/Apllication Support folder. The plugin is in the Internet Plugins folder of the MacHD /library folder. There may be another copy in the Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Flash Player folder, but not always. Anyway, plugin and cookies are separate and trashing one doesn't affect the other, regardless of which you trash.

Download the acrhive: Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0 (126 MB) then follow the instructions here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1267823  only use the 10.1.102.64 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad yo know what I did was right and thank you for informing me about the cookies. Since I once again trashed/ejected all of the flashplayers I ound, and redownloaded 10.1.102.64, and it said one was already on my macintosh (as stated above.) After that I deleted 10.1.102.64. An redid the problem with the same result. Si, i am asking you where i could find a flash player on my macintosh, when I use finder and fine nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a plugin so it will only be in either or both of two places.

1. Mac HD/library/Internet Plugins

2. [User}/Library/Internet Plugins

In some rare cases it may also be in Mac HD/ Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found more adobe software where you told me to look. I trash and hen emptied the files, re-downloaded and still had the same problem. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2013 Aug 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Safari Preferences, under the Security tab

SafariScreenSnapz001.jpg

Is "Allow all other plug-ins" checked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried absolutely everything!!!! None of it worked? Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through a full reinstall myself. I had the "debugger" and it was hanging many pages I visit and some wouldn't fully load.

Here's what I just did:

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file

Trash the flashplayer.xpt file

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the ENTIRE Flash Player Folder

Go to: [user}/Library/Preferences From the Finder menu, hold the Option key, click Go>Library - this will open your Home/Library folder

Trash the Macromedia folder (the whole thing)

Trash the Shockwave 12 Preferences file

Some of these will require your user password to delete.

Download the archived installer from here: Flash Player 10.1.102.64 and 9.0.289.0

Download the Shockwave FULL installer here: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/

Reboot. Run the installers from the DMGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when i hold the Option key, click go I can't find anything that says library! I found the home thing in the go menu, is that what you mean? Because when i clicked on it I couldn't find a macromedia folder or shockwave 12 prefences file! Are they in another folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are TWO (2) Library folders on your Mac HD - one is the System/Library folder and the other is your User/Library folder. It's been a while since I owned a Mac with 10.5, but I know that ever since 10.6, if you hold the "Option" key when you click "Go" from the Finder menu, it reveals the "Hidden" Library folder in the user account.

At any rate, you need you need to be in the User/Library/ Preferences folder to find the Macromedia folder to delete the contents.

Without FinderScreenSnapz001.jpg and with the Option key pressed FinderScreenSnapz002.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I trashed micomedia folder but found shockwave prefrences 10 instead of 12. That IS fine right? And i also found an adobe folder and sme other files, should i delete those as well. They are acrobat adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done as you tld me, mcflob, and it still says missing plug in!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I am very mad! The adobe flash player was called adobe reader x (10.1.4) and the other install was adobe shockwave 11!!!!!! Did i do something wrong?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines