Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ipad - Digital Editions - Too Many Authorizations

Aug 17, 2013 Aug 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for help in getting my Adobe ID reset so I can authorize my Bluefire Reader app on my iPad, however when I try to get live support I get a box saying that I need a valid support contract!  (I do not wish to buy a support contract for this!)

Can anyone tell me how I can overcome this problem, and how I can get help with resetting my Adobe ID so I can activate my digital editions on my iPad?

Thanks....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

They can reset your authorizations, and then you must reauthorize any devices you still need.

(Unfortunately, Adobe haven’t got round to an admin website for viewing and editing authorizations.)

Some of the representatives haven't been properly trained and don't know what to do (and claim there is nothing they can do);

in that case the only way seems to be to give up that chat and try another session hoping for a properly trained representative.

If your problem is with another device using Overdrive, Bluefire, Aldiko or similar third party app, it is recommended not to mention that app when on the chat, just mention that you have run out of authorizations  (E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS) .  Thanks to AJP_Bear for that tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip, however I cannot get past the stage where I need a valid support contract in order to ask my question!

How do you get around this problem to go ahead with live chat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an update to say that I managed to get through to livechat by choosing a different product to ask about!

Vismay was very helpful, and has reset my authorizations!

Thanks for your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2013 Oct 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SIMPLE STEPS

1.DOWNLOAD BLUEFIRE READER ON IPAD

2.GO TO APPS TAB IN ITUNES OF UR COMPUETER

3.SCROLL BELOW..FILE SHARING

4.SELECT BLUEFIRE FROM LIST..

5.ON RIGHT HAND SIDE ..GO TO ADD..SELECT THAT ADE EPUB FILE..

THATS IT..

(ADE FILE YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED FROM NET WILL BE THERE IN "My Digital Editions" FOLDER IN YOUR PC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines